From Jones collector, historian and former employee Jason Hockney:
Jones Soda has had many, many… MANY flavors over the 13 or so years we’ve been around. We thought it’d be really fun to go through and show our adoring fans some of the rarest of the rare bottles, flavors and ideas that we’ve come up with throughout the years.
Also, it might be fun to let you folks in on a few inside secrets you might find on our bottles, both old and new. So without any further adieu, here are just a few random facts about Jones Soda Flavors, labels, people and bottles.
- Jones’ first American address listed on the back of a Jones Soda Bottle was 4550 Birch Bay Rd, in Blaine, WA. There was never a Jones office in or near the town of Blaine, WA… but rather this was a PO Box that was close to the border of Canada. When Jones needed to collect bills from their American Distributing partners, they would have to cross the border and collect their mail and bring it back to the old warehouse/HQ in Vancouver, BC.
- On the back of a Jones Soda Bottle, the labels changed from saying “Urban Juice and Soda Co” to Jones Soda Co. in 1999. In 2006, the front of the labels changed wording from “Jones Soda Co.” to “Jones Pure Cane Soda.”
- When Jones Soda first began, there was only one contributing photographer, Victor John Penner, from Vancouver, BC. All of the “Original Six” flavors featured his photos. The idea to include submitted fans’ photographs wasn’t a fully realized production possibility until after the first run of Jones had begun.
- By last count, Jones Soda has released a total of over 150 Different flavors of product across 11 Different Brand platforms.
- Jones Soda
- Jones Natural Soda
- Jones Sugar Free (AKA Slims, AKA Zilch)
- Jones Organics
- Jones 24C
- Jones GABA
- Jones Naturals
- Jones Juice
- Jones Waters (AKA WAZU Water)
- Jones Energy
- Whoopass Energy Drink
If you care enough, We want to know if you would like to see a blog dedicated SOLELY TO OLD, DISCARDED, “RETIRED” Flavors of Jones.. Any interest? You may even win some!