So you wanna be a on a Jones bottle, eh? Great, we like you more already!
If you're a pro and want to jump right into it, click here to post.
If you want to check out the competition or vote on your friend's photos, click here.
If you've still got some questions, read on!
1. What are the terms of agreement to use the Jones Soda Gallery?
Please take a moment to read our terms of agreement to use the Jones Soda Gallery. These are the rules we all have to play by. As defined in the agreement, we reserve the right to remove photos and memberships of those who post banned material, copyright infringement, or do not follow the rules of conduct as posted here, in our terms of agreement and throughout the website.
2. How do I post a photo to the gallery?
To post a photo to the gallery you must first register for a free account. This account will let you come back at any time to change and update all your photos.
Make sure your photo is either in JPG or TIFF format (for you graphics weenies, please have it in RGB and not CMYK format). Your photo/graphics editing program will have these settings for you.
Click on the "Add Your Photo" button to follow the instructions to post your photos.
3. What can I post to the gallery?
Pretty well anything (with the exceptions listed in the next question, below). Your photos, or photos with the photographer's permission. Your artwork, or artwork with the artist's permission. Use your good taste and good judgement. Remember, your mother or even your grandmother might see your gallery submission online and wouldn't you want to make them feel proud?
4. What should I NOT post to the gallery?
(a) Copyrighted material. Real simple: if you did not take the photo, or get the photographers permission, or if you did not create the artwork yourself, or get the original artist's permission, please do not post it to the gallery.
(b) Porn. Did you find some spicy porn that you thought would look nice on your end table, and on the gallery? Don't bother. We'll put you and your porn in the dog house and leave you there. For good.
5. What is a model release form? When and why do I need one?
For Jones Soda to use your photos containing pictures of people, we need to know that you've received permission to take their photo, and that we have received the rights to publish their likeness on our labels, website, and any other promotional items.
So any photo that has a "recognizable individual(s)" in the photo will need a model release form for each person. You do not need releases for large crowds however the danger of a claim against you and us grows as the size of the crowd diminishes.
Have all individuals sign it and include a description of the photo. Include Jones Soda Gallery photo number if you have already submitted your photo. Remember, for individuals under 18 years of age, their parent/guardian has to sign for them. When you have completed the model release form, sign it and fax, email or mail it to Jones Soda Co.
6. What makes you more likely to choose a photo? I REALLY want to be a Jones bottle!
7. How do I delete a photo?
- The first piece of advise is orientation: landscape, landscape, landscape!
- Second piece of advise is go easy on the filters. They make your Instagram feed pop, but it's not really the Jones vibe.
- Furthermore, go easy on the Photoshop.
- Give it a description! A cool story behind a photo makes it that much more special.
- Doesn't matter if it's old or new, we pull photos from the dusty archives all the time!
- Is it funny? We LOVE funny.
- Is it a well composed, classically styled photograph? We love that too!
- Does it have a million votes? Great! Queue up the printing press!
- If you want to see a collection of photos chosen for labels, feel free to peruse here for some inspiration.
- Do you have a model release for everyone in the photo? Huge crowds of people are visually stimulating, but unless you can get a signed release from that whole soccer team/ bull running comrades/ political protestors, there's no way we can print it. (Sorry, y'all!)
First you will need to log in to with your account (email address and special password). Then choose "click to return to gallery". Use the search feature to find your photo by either using the photo number, or search by your name to find all your photos. Click on the photo you wish to delete. This will give you the details page with the larger photo. Right under the larger photo you will now see the link "Make changes to this photo...". Click that link to see the photo details, including a new button at the bottom of the page to delete your photo.
Note that deleting the photo will also delete all the votes you've received for that photo. That's not a panic though as we the number of votes you get for your photo is only one the many indicators we use to choose photos for the Jones Soda labels.
8. Should I send photos in color or black and white?
Your photo doesn't need to be in black and white, we'll take care of that for you. That being said, if your photo relies heavily on color to be cool, it may not be right for a bottle. Sunsets look like a grey brick in black and white, as do grassy fields.
9. How will I know if my photo is selected?
We will email the contact address for each photo. Please make sure your contact email address is up to date and correct.
Please do not contact us to ask if your photo was chosen, if we’ve received your photo, or what your chances of winning are. As you can imagine, we receive thousands of photos and emails and unfortunately we cannot respond to all of these inquiries.
10. If my photo gets chosen for a label... do you send me a bottle? Can I purchase a case? Where will I be able to find it???
Unfortunately we really can't send you a bottle with your label on it. Flavors, per label run, may have up to 3 different photos on them... aside from the fact the placement of the labels is very very random. That’s where the term 'rare Jones Soda bottle' came from. Instead, we send the lucky submitee a handful of sample labels so they can see their specific label and maybe, with some luck.. they can find it randomly out in the streets.
For those of you who may be in dire straights of getting a label with your photo on it, by the case... we strongly suggest checking out MyJones
. You can customize the bottle in every way, from the flavor, to the photo, to the words on the back... it's all you all the time.
11. I, ah, lost my password...
If re-setting your password doesn't work, please send an email to email@example.com. There will be verification questions, so be ready for the Inquisition. 12. Eeeeek! I just saw some porn!
The Jones Soda community of visitors is huge and it is no surprise when someone finds it hilarious to post some porn to the gallery. We monitor the gallery regularly, however, if you do spot porn, please email the PHOTO NUMBER to firstname.lastname@example.org
and we'll zap it outta there. As well as the poster for good.
13. I want tons of people to come vote for my photo (aka "voting tips")
Post the link of Facebook. Share it on IG. Tweet your masterpiece! Directly below your photo (or any photo, really... maybe you're super into pictures of pugs?) there are a series of sharing buttons. Share to your hearts content, my friends!
14. It says I have already voted for the photo, but I haven't. What's wrong?..
As per the above point, we have a system in place to keep track of who votes for which photo to only allow one vote per computer per photo. We use the computer IP address to keep track of this.
Don't stuff the ballot box. That is to say, we encourage you to invite your friends to vote for your photo, but clicking multiple times on the vote button will not work. We do keep track on how many times each computer tries to vote for the same photo. If we find a photo getting too many votes from the same computer (IP address), we'll just reset that photo back to zero. It's the best way to keep it fair for everyone.
15. I can't upload my photo, I keep getting the logon screen.
16. I'm stuck, I can't find my answer...
Here's the email address to answer all your questions about the gallery only