JONES SUGAR COOKIES WITH BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
By Margie Helm
1 ½ cups All purpose Flour
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ cup salted butter (½ stick) (room temperature)
¾ cup white granulated sugar
¼ cup JONES Sugar Cookie Soda (room temperature)
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda. 3. Cream together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Cream together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in vanilla extract then the egg, then the JONES Sugar Cookie Soda until combined. Try not to over-mix.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture, about a half cup at a time, until combined.
- Using a 1 ½ tbsp cookie scoop or a big spoon, scoop cookie dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. The cookies should be about 2 inches apart to provide room for spreading.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking. Cookies are done when they are golden brown. Allow to cool on the pan before frosting.
TO MAKE THE FROSTING
- Beat butter until creamy (it's best to use a hand mixer or stand mixer).
- Add 1 cup of powdered sugar and mix. Once they’re combined, add in JONES Sugar Cookie Soda. Then add in the last of the sugar and mix. Use a piping bag or a spatula to put icing onto cookies and top with sprinkles. ENJOY!
*Store cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days.*
BE SURE TO SHOW US YOUR COOKIE CREATIONS! Tag us on socials @jonessodaco